Monday, August 4, 2008

Deadlines... Why do we do these things to ourselves?

As I sit here to type this, I have 4 projects nearing their deadlines (ie. birth or birthdays). Not to mention some projects for one of my yarn swaps, thankfully though that deadline is far off relatively speaking. And have I started any of these? Not a chance! I do have yarn for them, but what is occupying my time and needles? Socks. Socks for the boys who hardly A)need them or B)wear them, but they love them and think they are the coolest thing! Sure I could cast on any of my other projects but they will take time and making socks for the kids is almost instant gratification.

In the end these projects will be done, eventually, but I have to wonder why do I do this to myself? Do I secretly hate myself, feel the need to punish myself or maybe this is just my way of living life on the edge as I try desperately to stay one step ahead of my self-imposed deadlines. So, just to keep myself accountable. I have the following to A)start and B)finish within the next two weeks if humanly possible:


  • 2 sleep sacks - 1 boy, 1 girl for the (as DH has dubbed them) Denise and Denephew
  • gir and his cupcake for my friend's b-day present

And... my charity knitting for the Good Karma swap:

  • 2 pairs of socks

Wish me luck or pester me till I update on my progress, whichever floats your boat.

No comments: