Thursday, July 10, 2008

Knee pads for crawling kids

Ok, this is nearly the first time I've written up a pattern, so hopefully this is relatively understandable. If you have any questions, let me know. I may play with this a little bit because they are a bit looser than I had intended.

Knee pads
CO 24 stitches

Join yarn and k2, p2 till they are about an inch long.

Knit first 14 stitches, continue ribbing for the rest of the row for the next 2 rows.

On the next row, k3, inc1, knit across to the last 3 knit stitch, inc1, k3, finish row in ribbing. Repeat the increase row one more time.

Knit first 18 stitches, continue ribbing for the rest of the row for the next 6 rows or as long as you need to get good coverage for the knee portion.

K2, k2tog, k across to last 4 stitches, k2tog, k2 and continue ribbing for the remaining stitches. Repeat this row once.

K14, continue ribbing pattern on remaining stitches for the next 2 rows.

Return to k2, p2 for approximately an inch and bo loosely. Make another.

3 comments:

Menaka D said...

Hi there,

Thanks for this pattern. I was looking for knee pads pattern for my 6 month old son and I was so glad to find one. I am going to knit this probably tomorrow, will let you know how it goes...

Debbie said...

What weight of yarn and needle size?

AAgnes said...

Did you figure out yarn and needle size?